.....flavored potato chips. That's right - it tasted as unpleasant as it sounds. My hands still smell like roasted chicken, Don't even get me started on Prawn Cocktail flavored chips. I took a jaunt over to Tesco Express - a wonderful little 24 hour mini-grocery to grab a 'glossy' (British for tabloid magazine) and some orange juice. Any store here that sells food just amazes me. The British interpretation of food in general amazes me. So much I want to write about it.
Krispy Kreme
Apparently, Krispy Kreme (yes they love Krispy Kreme here) is doing some type of public relations with Glamour magazine and helping Glamour to celebrate its anniversary by promoting a special type of Krispy Kreme doughnut with pinkish glittery frosting that resembles nailpolish. Tomorrow I am taking a camera because you have got to see this thing.
Dallas BBQ and Down Home Tennessee Cookin'
These are the names of TWO 'take-away' food places in my neighborhood. They are literally feet apart from each other. I don't understand this. Only when I travel do I realize the true size of the U.S. It is gigantic. We have so many different cultures, foods, styles, sports....it really is truly amazing if you think about. So for the mere fact that I am able to get down home Tennessee cookin' in Wimbledon, London, I salute you U.S. for your greatness!
Eggs
Brits really love their eggs. Especially in sandwiches. Please read the following text as if Bubba from Forest Gump was speaking: Egg salad sandwich, egg and pickle sandwich, egg and salmon sandwich, egg and gammon sandwich, egg and rocket sandwich, egg and bacon sandwich, egg and British beef sandwich, egg and butter sandwich, egg and prawn sandwich.......(these sandwiches exist at the Tesco Express...just a few aisles away from the nailpolish doughnut)
Roasted chicken potato chips do not sound unpleasant at all.
ReplyDeletekosockso,
DL