Thursday, March 10, 2011

Under my .....


.....bumbershoot oot oot oot under my bumbershoot oot oot oot.

Yes, that is correct. A bumbershoot is another word for umbrella here in the glorious UK. Today's blog will be devoted to a few words of the day, with an update at the end with a new flavor of crisps I tried today at work.

A few of my favorites.....
prawn = shrimp
torch =flashlight
bits and bobs = things
scouser = a person from Liverpool
cashpoint = ATM
trainers = sneakers
pants = underwear (i.e. don't tell someone there is a stain on your pants)
trousers = pants

Peter Luger's......crisps?

So I tried these today - a mere 50p. I could not believe how much they really tasted like steak. I gave them two thumbs up. Tarique also gave them two thumbs up. He is from South Africa so a lot of these weird flavored things are new to him as well.Next week we are going to try the Smokey Bacon flavored ones.

Public Toilets
So, I have about a 15 minute wait period from when the coach drops me at the station until I catch the train home. During this period, I sit inside the waiting area (there are some tables and stuff and its attached to a little store). There is also a public bathroom. YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE the amount of non-homeless people that use this restroom. It is ridiculous. And it is clean. The Brits really know how to treat a loo.

Well, headed to central London tomorrow for work at our Cannon St office. It is right across the street from St. Paul's Cathedral. Fabuloso.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. sadly i knew every word to the Monkey's song!...would loves those chips!...Love MissE

    ReplyDelete